Planting & Growing Compliance
· Continuous ranch monitoring & verification of implemented GAPs, changes in neighbors land use, monthly irrigation water test results.
· Completion of an annual 3rd Party GFSI Ranch Audit
· Pre-harvest Risk Assessment (about 4-7 days prior to harvest)
· Pre Harvest Pathogen Testing for Leafy Greens (Salmonella & E.Coli 0157:H7)
· Daily Harvest Risk Assessment to include a thorough review of the area to be harvested for any animal hazards/intrusion.
· Verification of implemented employee hygiene, equipment/harvest tool sanitation, properly stocked restrooms, etc.
· Regular employee training on food safety topics and updates.
· Annual 3rd Party Harvest Crew Audits
· Traceability - All loads are identified with a unique block ID which establishes the grower, ranch & lot. Traceability stickers also include the harvest date and crew.
· Monitoring of cut to cool times
· Traceability of product leaving the field & verified upon receipt at the cooler
· Cleanliness of trucks
· Monitoring of cooling process
· Sanitation of cooling tubes
· GFSI Certified Processing Plant
· Sanitation Program
· Automated Processing Lines
· Continuous Process Monitoring